Look at that Smile!!



Well, Laiya has been home for 5 1/2 months now. She was told she should wait about 6 months before contacting her friends in Hong Kong. She has been counting the days and today we received the long distance calling card that we were waiting for so I told her she could call her friend. We had to wait until 10:30 at night so it would be 10:30 on Sunday morning for her friend. Well, after a few failed attempts and several "I'm sorry, all circuits are busy" messages, she finally got through. I haven't seen her that excited in a long time. She talked for 57 minutes and her face was sore from smiling by the time she hung up. [We found a great deal on a calling card - it only cost $3 for 57 minutes to Hong Kong!!!] As I'm typing this she is talking to her foster family - she was a little nervous when it rang. She said "oh, mom, oh my goodness - I am nervous!" She's so excited to be speaking in Cantonese! It's really strange to not understand one word she is saying. Her smile says it all though!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laiya: How wonderful that you could talk to your friends and family in China, so exciting for you. Love Grandpa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi, Laiya! It must have been really exciting for you to talk to your friend in Hong Kong yesterday - you were still smiling about it today :)
You look really happy!
I love you...

Anonymous said...

momma marva! I was blog snooping and found yours! I hope to find some time to soak in the whole thing! love jen osterink