Back to School


Yesterday was 'back to school' day. Dutton Christian always starts out the school year with a wonderful assembly for students and parents - dedicating the school year to the Lord. Before leaving home, Laiya was really, really nervous - as you can see by her face, she wasn't real excited about starting 8th grade! She came home with a smile on her face though, so it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. The school is really working along with her to help her when she doesn't understand something. Once she gets into the routine of the school year, I'm sure she will do really well. Her English has improved SO much since she's been working with my niece twice a week. We also finally found a Chinese/English Bible and she has been reading it and reading it. She comes up with some really deep questions too (if God made a man and a woman, and they had two sons, where did all these people come from??) She has an incredible mind and I know she will do great things!!

2 comments:

Lia said...

It is always nerve racking going to the first day of school - new routine and all. I am glad she came home with smiles!!! Let the new school year begin! It was great talking to you on the phone!!! Lots of Love

Lia

Anonymous said...

It was nice talking to you on the phone tonight, Laiya! I'm glad your first two days of school went so well and that you came home smiling :) I love you!