Wednesday and Thursday, I enjoyed my annual get-away with my mom and sisters. This year we went to Shipshawana, IN. We spent Wednesday shopping at the flee market and in the afternoon we enjoyed a concert by the Baker/Pasma families. That was great fun! Then we went to an Amish home and enjoyed an absolutely delicious dinner! Then we headed to our rooms at the Morton Street Bed and Breakfast. In the morning, we were served a wonderful breakfast before we headed out to stroll through the little shops in town. Then we met up with my nephew and his wife, Mike and Suzanne Brummel, and their kids Lily, Oliver and Gracie. We were able to spend some time at their house too, so that was an extra bonus. Then we enjoyed dinner at The Brewster on our way home. We always manage to have a great time and share lots of laughs together. Denise, Joan, Beckie, Mom
We all enjoyed the yummy pie that Beckie won at the concert.
I think I was being threatened with a 'scalp scratcher'
Mike, Suzanne, Lily, Oliver and Gracie
While I was gone, Laiya was at her 8th grade retreat at Son Life Camp. She had a good time, despite the fact that she wasn't looking forward to going. When I got home Thursday night, she sat and talked to me for about two hours - telling me about all the games and fun things they did, and all the things she learned about her classmates. This picture was taken before she left in the morning - much happier than she was two days earlier.
There's always something going on . . .
at
4:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hi auntie marva,
it looks like you guys had fun at shipshewana. love the picture of aunt joan with the head scratcher. it's so great to see laiya doing so well...tell her we say hello! love you-
Glad Amy likes the picture of me.....I owe you one! There is quite a file on my computer of great photos of you......blogger beware!
Back to Joan - I didn't consider this such a terrible picture of you - in fact, I thought it was quite 'cute'. I didn't realize I'd be in trouble for posting it!! Larva Moo
Larvi, I, too, like the pic of Mom....serves her right....have you seen some of the pics that she posts of others. Note: I have some great ones of her playing pool when they were here....she chooses to put the smiling one on her blog and act like she wasn't serious. Well, she is fooling you. I'll leave it at that. :)
We sure did have a great time as always! Thanks for not posting the awful pics of me. I'll remember that! Glad to see Laiya smiling on her way to the 8th grade retreat. Sounds like she had lots of fun, except for the eggs!
What fun to spend time together. It was great to see you all smiling. Tell Laiya I am glad she is having fun it 8th grade!!
Post a Comment