We're home!!!


Leaving Hong Kong


It was a VERY long day!! - - - - I can't believe I'm doing this - it's 12:30 a.m. and I've been up, except for a few hours of sleep on the plane, for 36 hours! We left Hong Kong right on time and thought we would leave Tokyo on time, but once we taxied out on the runway, a storm came in. We ended up sitting for 3 hours before we taxied back to refuel and then flew out! That, of course, meant that we missed our connecting flight in MN! So we ended up sitting in MN for 3 hours! The good news is, though, that we made it home safe and sound at 9:15. We were met by our immediate family - lots of balloons, banners and flags! When we left Hong Kong, Laiya looked deep in thought, so I asked her "how are you feeling?" and she smiled and said "happy". She was a real trouper! We played games on the plane to help her learn the names of her family members a little better. She does really well. When we landed, she knew almost everyone by name. Because we got in so late, the little "welcome home" party that we had planned has been postponed until tomorrow night, but that will work out better. We got all unpacked, Laiya got familiar with her new home and her things are all put away in her room already. We're hoping to make it to church in the morning, so I really need to get to bed!! I will update occasionally to let you know how Laiya is adjusting to her new life. Thanks, once again, for your continued prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're glad to hear that you're home. We have been following all of the steps along your trip. Sounds like one you'll never forget! Welcome to Laiya! We look forward to meeting her in July!