Thank you Lord!

We are so blessed!! We are just amazed at how well everything went yesterday! Laiya is actually still sleeping - I'm sitting on the edge of her bed to type. She was exhausted from such an emotional day. (Dave just said - "typical teenager - she likes to sleep!") With our translator on the computer and our books, we will do very well. Laiya truly is a blessing straight from heaven! It's hard to believe God entrusted her life to us, but we will do our best to raise her to be a God-fearing young lady! Today we'll do a little shopping around here and then we are off to visit Mother's Choice. Everyone here is so helpful! When Rukiya called Mother's Choice yesterday, they said they will give us a tour, bring us to a group home, and whatever else we would like. We can't say enough about Hong Kong! Thank you again for all your prayers - that's what is making everything go so well. More later . . . Oh, she just woke up! She picked up her clothes and asked "I go take s-h-o-w-e-r?" Too cute! Another blessing - the sun is shining!! That's wonderful because we are planning to go to The Peak today to get a wonderful view of the city! Okay, more later . . . p.s. thanks for your comments - we love reading them and sharing them with Laiya!


Laiya falling to sleep - her first night with her new parents.

5 comments:

denise said...

You have been given a precious gift. God is good! Love you! John and Denise

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything is going so well. Hope these next few days go just as smooth...see you on Saturday. Ryan

joan b. said...

Can't even count the number of times I check your blog for updates! We love the pictures and the news of each day. It's been quite a week and it's so obvious that God had this planned all along.
To Laiya - 上帝保佑您 (hope that comes through)
Love!
Joan and Bill

Anonymous said...

亲爱的Laiya,
我们是热切遇见您和让您参加我们的系列. 您将爱您的新建父项和系列! _ 我们将遇见你在这机场在星期六。_
我们已经爱您!
Uncle Bill and Aunt Joan

Dusty Vander Plaats said...

Dear Layia-I can't wait to meet you, I've been checking the blog every chance I get, and when I saw the picture of your foster family handing over care to Dave and Marva, it broke my heart to see you so sad. I can't imagine what that would be like, and I feel sad for you, too. But I also feel very happy and excited to meet you for the first time. Have fun on your flight home (it's going to be a long one), and try to think of what life will be like in America.
Your New Brother-in-Law,
Dusty