Arriving at Mother's Choice
The room where Kaden Rookus was bathed.
The view from on top of Victoria's Peak on Hong Kong Island
Riding the ferry back to Kowloon
Mother/Daughter bonding time - doing our nails!
We had another full day today - trying to make the most of our time here in Hong Kong. We started out with a breakfast buffet here at the hotel. Then it was a beautiful, sunny day so we went up on the rooftop of our hotel and went swimming. Then we headed to Hong Kong Island to visit Mother's Choice. Oh, those little babies always tug at my heart!! We took lots of pictures for Jeff and Lisa Rookus, whose little boy, Kaden, spent his first months there. Following our visit there, we took a tram up to Victoria's Peak. We saw the most beautiful view of the city, and also did some shopping and had lunch. Then we took the Star ferry back over to Kowloon. We got over 100 pictures developed today and Rukiya also gave us a CD with all the pictures that she took of us. We had supper back here at the hotel and then just hung out in our room. Laiya and I did our nails and then we played about 10 hands of cards. Rukiya called tonight to see how our day went. She talked to Laiya and then to me and said that it sounded like it went real well. Only one more day in this beautiful part of the world - it will be sad to leave, but we can't wait to get home!
Our first full day together . . .
at
9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds like another great day! Hong Kong makes NYC look like GR huh? Enjoy the rest of the trip and have a safe flight home. Ryan, Heather, Abby & Ty
I am glad that your day went well again! I can't wait to see all the pictures of Hong Kong! I can't wait for Laiya to come here. We will have to plan a girl's night out again once Laiya gets here. I think she would maybe enjoy that, getting to know us girls a little bit better. Well enjoy your last day and we will continue praying for you and for safe traveling home. Love, Emily, Joe, Elijah, Jacob & Lucy
I've been looking at the blog everyday to see what's new. I can't believe this is really happening and that you'll be here in 2 days - how exciting and scary! We are looking forward to meeting you Laiya and hope you enjoy your new family. We will have lots more girl times like you and Mom did doing nails. See you soon! Love you and safe travels!
Holly, Allen and Taeron
Marva, Dave, and Laiya!!!
So glad you are having a great time seeing HK. I'm glad you able to have some down time doing nails and playing cards. Enjoy it while you can. We are all so eager to see you and meet Laiya in person.
We miss you!!! Love,
Rick and Beckie
You are in our thoughts and prayers daily! We are looking forward to meeting Laiya soon!
Love and blessings!
Tom, Anna, Noah, Sophie, and Abby Bonnema
I am so excited to meet you Laiya. But, I am sad that I will not be able to meet you until a while after you have been here. I know you will love your new family.
Margie
We have been so blessed by the updates on your blog! Thank-you for sharing. We welcome Laiya with open arms and pray for safety on your travels home, peace and comfort as Laiya leaves the only home she's known. May God Bless You!
Post a Comment