It's been a while . . .

Okay, I know - I've been a little negligent lately. Life has been a little hectic but I'm planning to slow down a little here, real soon!

Laiya got her first official report card a couple weeks ago. We were amazed - all A's and one A-. She pushes herself SO hard and wants to get all A's. At conferences we got all wonderful reports too, along with 3 certificates of accomplishment (for behavior, having work done on time, and for her good grades). We are so proud of her.

Last night Laiya had a couple friends overnight - oh, my, I had forgotten how excitable 14 year old girls can be!! They had lots of fun, though, doing nails, going in the hot tub, and watching movies.
Here's a picture of Laiya, Lauren, and Hannah having fun in the hot tub

Tonight the kids went out to dinner for Betsy's birthday - they do that when they turn 30. We 'get' to watch grandkids. We actually only have 4 of them here, so it's pretty easy and fun.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving - I know we sure have a lot to be thankful for!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Laiya! You must work really hard to get such good grades. It's good to see you also have time for friends and fun :) Love and hugs!

denise said...

Sounds like a great time! Oh, to be 14 again! Glad you are doing so well Laiya. We are proud of you too and know that you have the best tutor! Love Aunt Denise

Anonymous said...

Great Job, Laiya, on your report card. You can tell you are a hard worker. I know it's not easy.
Love you!
Aunt Beckie