Well, Laiya is finished with 7th grade and she's all smiles! She's really looking forward to summer vacation (something she didn't have in Hong Kong). It's going to be a busy summer and will probably fly by. Hopefully we'll get tutoring in on a regular basis. Also, she might be going to volleyball camp next week and she is signed up for tennis camp in July. We will spend the last two weeks of June at my mom's cottage in Pierson. In July, she will start taking piano lessons too. She's been enjoying the pool this past week. She's a bit of a pest though - I like to relax on my raft and she was having simply too much fun splashing me and bumping me and then she would say "oh, oh, I'm sorry" in that sweet little voice of hers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marva,
Enjoy your summer. My kids start there's in about 1 1/2 hours.
Beckie

Anonymous said...

Ah well. I suppose a splash here or there is worth it. At least it is interaction....in a good way. :)

joan b. said...

Hi, Laiya - Thanks for the fun time last night! You are a sweet girl and I hope you enjoy your summer vacation. It sounds like you will have plenty to do - save some time to keep pestering your mom ;)
Love!
Aunt Joan

denise said...

Officially an 8th grader. Wow!
Have a wonderful summer Laiya. It's the best time to be a kid! Keep pestering your mom. She really loves it and besides, if I can't relax in my pool without Johnny splashing me, then she can't either!
Love you! Aunt Denise
p.s. Enjoy your sweet tutor! She enjoys spending time with you.