We're back . . .

Sorry I haven’t updated lately but we just got back from two wonderful weeks at my mom’s cottage!



The weather was gorgeous – in the 80’s and sunny every day! It was so good for Laiya – her favorite thing was riding the PWC (she learned the proper name in boater’s safety class). She also enjoyed fishing with her brother-in-law, Dusty. They went out several times – even at 5:30 in the morning!! She loved spending time with 8 of her nieces and nephews every day and getting to know her brothers and sisters better. Her language has improved more every day - she had to talk lots more than what she does at home when it’s just the 3 of us. She’s even picking up on the slang. We found a series of books that she’s enjoying, so she even reads without being told!







We also enjoyed celebrating Taeron’s first birthday! Boy did he love that cake!!


On Saturday, June 16, some of us left the cottage to go to Bethany International Days. The kids loved the petting zoo and the games. Then we all chose different food booths for lunch – Erica and Emily enjoyed some bulgogi (their favorite Korean food) and Laiya chose Chinese. It was a wonderful day.







Now that we’re back home, we’re back to the real world. We “get” to weed the garden, clean the house and wash the car today. Next week Laiya will start piano lessons – that’s one of the things she has hoped for since she learned that she had a “forever family”. She also continues to meet with Al Tiemeyer (an evangelist from our church) once a week and my niece Betsy Wierenga, who tutors her once or twice a week.

I’ll try to stay on top of my blogging but I will be gone again from July 10-15. I’m looking forward to the GEMS conference in Irvine, CA. I’ll get to spend a little time with both of Dave’s sister-in-laws while I’m there too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! I have been checking daily! Great to hear that you're all doing well. Sounds like a great couple weeks.

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Note to Laurla - check out the additional pictures! You'll really be ready to spend time up there. Love ya! Aunt Larvi

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the cottage! We're eager for our entire family to be together there for a week!