Today I took Laiya to meet with a therapist at Bethany Chr. Services. Just the two of them met for the first 50 minutes and Laiya was tested for post traumatic stress disorder. I met with the therapist for about 20 mintues after that and she was amazed at how happy Laiya appears to be. She said that when Laiya was asked if she ever feels sad or lonely because she misses Hong Kong, her foster family or her friends, Laiya said "no, because I am happy, because I am with my forever family now." Ahhh, that does a mother's heart good!
3 comments:
Can't beat a 'forever family', can you! We so happy to have Laiya in ours!
Love!
hi auntie marva,
i check your blog weekly (at least) and it makes me so happy to see how well laiya is doing. i think what you guys did is so wonderful and i am really excited to meet her. i keep hearing such good things :)
Marva,
Glad Laiya made it in to Bethany but sounds like she might not need it as badly as ours but it will still help and you learn a lot from the program. It's great that she is doing so well.
Beckie
Post a Comment