I almost forgot - - -

On Saturday I sat with Laiya and my nephew Byron (who was adopted from Guatemala 1 1/2 years ago) while they listened and tried to understand a sheriff read 48 pages from a boater safety booklet. They sat for 6 hours and then took a test because they want to be able to drive the wave runners at the cottage. Well, we had review time and went over all the things that he said would be on the test and they both passed!! I was so proud of both of them! I'm not sure I could even have passed! They both left there with huge smiles on their faces!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

what an exciting accomplishment for those two! I am so happy that she is so willing to try new things--she is brave and strong willed, two qualities that just might come in handy now and again :)

much love!
chelle