I was waiting until I had a picture to post, but since it's been a while, I'll just let you know how we're doing. Laiya is still doing really well. Her language is getting better every day. It's amazing how much we can talk about. If she can't think of the right word she will draw it or try to describe it and if she doesn't know how to say something, she will spell it. She's been home for 5 weeks and we saw our first tears tonight. She was feeling a little overwhelmed because we had two things planned after school and she was just too tired. She had a good cry and then we talked and everything was fine. She is very strong-willed, but she needed that trait to get her through her past with the positive attitude that she has. Just a couple days ago I said to her "I haven't seen any tears since we've been home" and she said "no, I am happy so I just sing". She knows she's not suppose to have contact with her foster family or friends from Hong Kong until she's been home for 6 months and she doesn't even question that any more. The other day she picked out a key ring with her best friend's birthstone on it and she said "I can send it to her in just 5 months!!" . . . I'm curious how many people check our blog. Not many people leave comments, but a lot of people say they read it. I'd love to hear from you.
4 comments:
Hi Aunti Larvi - I always read your updates but I don't comment much. Love to read them though!
Hi Marv
Betsy said Laiya had a rough night last night. Hopefully today will be better. It must be overwhelming at times. We lead such busy lives and I'm sure she's not used to that. sometimes it overwhelms me! Remember, One day at a time! Love you
I'm still checking daily....just so you know. I love the updates and I continue to be amazed by Laiya.
Hi Marva!
I still check this periodically and thoroughly enjoy reading your updates--especially since I won't be seeing Dave every day now! I'm so thankful with you that this transition has gone so smoothly. I hope you all have a great summer together!
Becky Wierenga
Post a Comment