We were blessed to have Lucy be baptised this morning. It was so special to have the baptism take place on Mother's Day and we had a wonderful message to go along with it. We had coffee at church afterwards to celebrate. Then most of the kids and my mom and Rich came over for dinner - yum! We had so much food we could have invited a few more people to join us. I must admit that Mother's Day is my favorite day of the year, I think. I have poured myself into raising my children for the last 31 years and as most mothers know, you don't always feel appreciated. Well, when your kids get old enough to tell you that you did an okay job, it makes it all worth it!! I received such nice cards with encouraging notes today - not to mention all the thoughtful gifts - what a blessing children are! Wow, life is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I would say that you did a GREAT job, not just "okay". You're an amazing mother. Love you, Auntie Larvi Moo! (PS, that is a fabulous and creative card by Laiya!)

joan b. said...

Dear Laiya,
What a wonderful card you made for your mom! You are a very creative and artistic girl :)
Grandma told us tonight about taking you to get your ears pierced. She loves to do that with all of her granddaughters.
We love you!
Aunt Joan and Uncle Bill

denise said...

What a priceless card. Even makes me choke up a bit! (imagine that!)
You are a great mother and it is nice when your kids show and tell their appreciation. Makes it all worthwhile.