Laiya has been talking about making eggs so tonight I was fixing dinner and she asked if she could make an egg. She has her own way of doing it – real high heat and only cook one side. The yoke wasn’t touched, but that’s how she said she likes it. Then she took a piece of dry bread and dipped it in the yoke and kept saying “yum”. We may have a future chef in the house! That would be fine with me!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Aunt Marva,
I was just checking your blog AT THE SAME TIME you were commenting on mine!

Only us--me, you and Mom, she's with me blogging into the late hours!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your transition is going so well and we are very glad for you. Keep us updated!!!
Beckie

Anonymous said...

Finally! I have been waiting for another update! Thanks. I am intrigued wtih Laiya and her adjustments. Simply amazing.

Amy said...

that's how I like my eggs too!

Heather said...

Hi Mom,
It sounds like things are going so well. I loved hearing how things went with Al. He has such a gift for getting good discussion started. Was she learning the bible at school or did she have other Christian influences in Hong Kong?
Love, Heather

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Laiya learned all her Bible stories at school. Her secondary school was a Catholic school. She met last night with a youth pastor from the Chinese Chr. Church here in town and they talked and talked for a full hour. It was great for her to be able to ask what she wanted to know and get a clear answer in Cantonese. She might start going to a youth group at that church too. We are so blessed!