God just keeps confirming that Laiya is meant to be our daughter! We have been a little concerned about what (if any) religion Laiya has been exposed to. Well, I just decided to check on line if we could find out any information about her school in Hong Kong. Unbelievable - the mission statement of her school (Carmel Holy Word Secondary School) is "To provide whole-person education based on Biblical truth, nurturing the moral, intellectual, physical, social, aesthetic and spiritual aspects of the students, and realizing their potentials." Their religion is "Protestantism/ Christianity" and the school motto is "Self-discipline through the understanding of the Word, Service to mankind through faithfulness to the Lord." Wow - God is good! Also, I was at an all-day adoption seminar today and our social worker said she's pretty sure we will hear about Laiya's visa while we are on our cruise (one week away)! We will bring the travel agency number with us so as soon as we hear something we can arrange travel. Hopefully I'll have more information soon! Again, please keep Laiya in your prayers! Thanks!
1 comment:
One week away until the cruise! Wow! That seemed so far away when we met at Applebees. I'm so glad that Laiya's faith will be so close to yours. I just know she will blend right in with your family right from the start. God knows where she belongs. It was all in His plan and you didn't even know it until now!!! Have fun and RELAX! God is in control! Mary VK
Post a Comment