A letter from Laiya

If we hear anything from the social worker, it's in the morning because of the time change. So what an unexpected surprise when I came home tonight, after going to see my beautiful new grand daughter, and we had an email with an attached letter from Laiya. She said she "felt very happy when I see the letter. I like my English name so much. I think Laiya is a good English name." She also said she will study her English real hard, but that's it's a difficult language to learn. She asked, too, if she would be able to have a computer so that she could keep in touch with her friends. Luckily I just got a new lap top, so she can have my desk top. We just heard of a family that is traveling to Hong Kong in March, and we will be sending a teddy bear, with an America flag scarf, along with them for Laiya. We'll keep you informed of any more updates. Dave and Marva

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marva and Dave
How exciting to hear from Laiya! She is so beautiful and I can't even imagine how anxious you must be. I sounds like she's anxious as well! Love you all, Denise