Girls day away - thanks to Joan!!

A few weeks ago, my sister, Joan, ask Denise, Beckie and me to help her put together some memory books for her nephews, Mark, Brian and Tony Bonnema. Their dad, Bob,passed away 30 years ago, when they were young. Last week, Joan and Bill had Bob's friends over for a special night of remembering Bob, and she gave the memory books to his sons at the end of the night. [You can click on Joan's link on the right and see pictures of us working on the books.]

Well, Joan was so appreciative of our help (I considered it fun, but she isn't really into scrap booking, so she didn't!!) that she pampered us (spoiled us) today. First of all, we went to Via Maria's for a delicious lunch. After our lunch, we enjoyed two delicious desserts, because we were also celebrating Beckie's (today) and Denise's (the 10th) birthdays. After leaving the restaurant, Joan led us into the peanut store/candy store. As soon as the owner saw us she hugged Joan and said "I've got your packages for you." The three of us were given wrapped boxes of specialty chocolates! Next, we walked a little farther and were led into the flower shop, where the lady handed us all a beautiful bouquet of flowers! By this time, Denise and I broke down (a typical thing for us Brummel girls!) - we couldn't believe she had all of this pre-planned and pre-paid! Following that, we went to a spa in downtown Holland where Denise had a massage and Joan, Beckie and I had pedicures - all the while enjoying a wonderful glass of wine. After relaxing there, we went over to JP's for a warm mug of chai - yum!

Lunch at Via Maria's.

Denise LOVED her chocolate melt cake!!

Candy from the peanut/candy store.

Flowers from the flower shop.

Joan and Beckie getting pedicures.

Coffee and chai at JP's.

Hopefully your feet will take you on a wonderful get-away like this some day!

It was such an awesome day spent with my wonderful sisters. THANKS, JOAN, FOR SUCH A MEMORABLE DAY!! I love you!!

4 comments:

joan b. said...

My sisters are the BEST !!!! I'm glad you had such a nice day - it was the least I could do to thank you for all the help with the scrapbooks. Love the pictures and the memories of today :) I love you, too!

Anonymous said...

WOW What fun you must have had !!! Looking forward to "girl's day" this summer. Hope you will put up with the OLD lady. Love to all mOM

Katie said...

OH MY - My Mom must have REALLY loved that dessert :)

Anonymous said...

It does my heart so much good to hear you tell each other "I love you" after some of your teen years.
Love MOM