Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

Mother's Day is my favorite day of the year! I have devoted a good share of my life to being a mom, so this is the day I like to sit back and just enjoy!! I am so thankful for my mom! She came up from Florida (with Richard, of course) to celebrate Mother's Day, so we are taking them on a 'progressive dinner' tonight to see where all of our kids live. We won't be traveling down to Battle Creek, however.

Mom and Rich

Yesterday, my sister-in-law, Beckie, ran in the 5/3 race downtown. It was her first race and she came in in the top half for her age bracket. Way to go Beckie!!
Beckie after completing the 5K yesterday.

On Thursday night, my sister Joan and I went to a Bobby Vinton concert. Now, you need to be over 50 to know who Bobby Vinton is! He was a popular singer back when I was a teenager. He still has a great voice and put on a wonderful show. I even managed to get a peck on the cheek!! Thanks to my nephew, Tom, and his wife, Anna, for not knowing who is is and not wanting to go to the concert! We had seats by the center aisle, in row 3.


The one-and-only Bobby Vinton!

Me getting a smooch from Bobby Vinton!

Joan and I enjoyed dinner outside after the concert. Thanks, Joan, for a wonderful night!!

Last night we had dinner with my family - wish Ron and Rose could have been here to join us though!!
My wonderful family (missing Ron and Rose though!)


I realized while making lunch for some of the grand kids the other day, that there is a lesson to be found in everything you do. We learned about counting, colors, and shapes!

I hope every mother is able to enjoy HER special day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to leave you a quick note to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the beautiful scrapbook you helped to make about Brian's dad. You will truly never know how much it means to us. It must've taken so much time and I could tell it was made with much love, as well. We just appreciate it so much!!!
Love - Cindy Bonnema

Marva said...

Cindy - you are SO welcome. I love any type of crafts so I thought it was fun. Plus I was AMAZED at all the press article Bob had - unbelievable! He was a wonderful guy and I'm glad you had the opportunity to learn more about him. Marva