Well, it was expected, but it's still hard - the lady that I have cared for three nights a week for over 3 years passed away peacefully this morning. A couple weeks ago we thought she had a bladder infection, but it looks now like it was the 'beginning of the end'. She stopped eating and drinking about a week ago and for the last several days was unconscious. I'm so glad that I stopped in to see her and hold her hand one more time yesterday. She passed away at 4:20 this morning. I will miss her!
I took this picture one night when she called out "is anybody here?" (which she did quite often!). I went in and she asked me what I was doing. I told her I came to see if she needed anything and she said "ya, I'm cold - why don't you climb in bed with me". Well, I tried to get out of it, but . . . she could be pretty persistent! After I crawled in, I thought 'now, this is a Kodak moment'! Since I actually had my camera along with me that night, I was able to capture it on film.
A last memory that she left me was from just a week ago - I was sitting by her side during the night, and her son John was on the other side. I was holding her hand and I asked her if she was okay. She said "how can I not be okay - with my son on one side and my good friend on the other". Oh, sweet Sally! She will be missed, but she lived a full life of 93 years and will now spend eternity in Heaven.
'My Gal Sal'
at
9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a really sweet post Marva. I'm sure you both learned much about love and life from each other.
I'm so proud of you, you took such good care of her. You will really miss her, and she is in a better place. Love, MOM
I'm so proud of you, you took such good care of her. You will really miss her, and she is in a better place. Love, MOM
What a blessing you were to Sally and her family! Thanks for the nice post - we'll miss the 'Sally stories'....
Post a Comment