It was a busy, but wonderful, weekend. Ben, Erica and the kids were here for the weekend, plus it was family dinner day on Sunday, so we got to see lots of the grand kids! This is just a quick post [for Jen's sake:-)] to let you know what's going on. I had to have minor reconstructive surgery again on 10/31 (yes, my birthday!), and wasn't allowed to lift over 10 lb. for a month, so I couldn't work at Sally's (where I usually work 3 nights a week). I'm back there now, though! I'm heading to the orthopedic doctor in 10 minutes to see if I need surgery on my back now - yikes! Anyway, I did manage to get all my Christmas shopping done - now I'm trying to get everything wrapped. It's quite a job when you have a family of 30!
Ben and Erica's kids getting cozy. Yes, Elle is only 11 1/2 months but she really DOES go potty on the toilet! And when she's done, she says "ah don".
Zippora is easily entertained with some tissue paper and beads from the tree. Elle turns one next week so we celebrated her birthday on Sunday.
Joe and Emily's kids, posing for a Christmas photo.
Laiya's very first attempt at making a snowman - it wasn't very good packing, or else he would have been a lot bigger!Last week we didn't have GEMS due to the weather, so Barb and I decided to have a special night for our 6th grade girls last night. We played some fun games, ate yummy food, and made some cool crafts.
If I don't get back to blogging before Christmas, I want to wish anyone that checks in a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a wonderful 2009!
Grandkids are God's Greatest Blessings!
at
8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Marva, I just need to put you in the "check every other month" folder on my favorites! It's fun to see the fam. How is it that the baby is going on the potty?! My baby (16 months) doesn't speak or do anything but grunt and point if a tractor goes past our house! Adoption is moving.. slowly. Waiting to hear when our court date is. Jan? Feb? Who knows! Thanks for posting.
Wow, Elle going potty? That's amazing! I know some girls that will be jealous.
Love all the pictures of the kids. They sure are precious. Lucy looks so big! I guess I haven't seen her in a while.
Glad your surgery went well and hopefully the shots you're getting will eliminate the need for surgery on your back. You really should stop working so much! Love you, Denise
YES, I aggree with Denise, stop working so much. You family is wonderful, Erica's children have all be early potty-trained, great mommie!!!! Was happy to see a blog from you, have been waiting. The family picture taken at the cottage is great too.
Love, MOM
Post a Comment