There is never a dull moment here, but that's okay.
Every Tuesday, we have dinner with a family from Burma. They escaped Burma 7 years ago and spent 6 years living in Malaysia, waiting for everything to be processed. Then, when things were almost ready for them to travel to the US, Fam became pregnant. They don't allow you to travel if you are pregnant so they waited until Richard was two months old and they arrived in Grand Rapids in September, 2007. Our church sponsors them and we have really enjoyed getting to know them.
Dave and I with Lian, Fam and Richard Baby Richard
I spend at least 36 hours a week taking care of an elderly lady. I never thought I'd enjoy doing this, but after 2 1/2 years, she becomes like family and I really do enjoy it.
Sally (a/k/a 'My gal Sal')
I get to watch grand kids quite often, and I love it. This week I watched two of Emily and Joe's kids on Tuesday, two of Ryan and Heather's kids on Wednesday, and Holly and Allen's little boy on Thursday. Elijah, Jacob and Lucy
Abby, Ty and Kate Taeron
Last week I went for lunch with my sisters - we have made this a monthly routine now (otherwise we get to busy and don't take the time to get together!) Joan, Me, Beckie, Denise
Last weekend we had an exchange student from Korea stay with us so that we could get acquainted. She will be coming back to South Chr. next year as a senior and she will stay with us. She is a wonderful girl and we can't wait to have her move in. Ji-Su Lee
And on a last note - do you ever just get sick of your hair and want a new hair cut? Well, just give Elijah a call - he's taken up barbering!
Life is an Adventure
at
8:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love Elijah's hair - i remember doing that as a kid too. At least he is a boy so it can be cute short. :)
Sounds like a busy Grand-mother, love those kids and the pictures. I think every child tries the Elijah thing. I remember Ron cutting Joan's hair while sitting under the kitchen table, trying to hide I think. MOM
I did the haircut thing - I opened my desk at school and cut my hair with those kid scissors. I then shut the desk with the evidence inside it - thinking no one would notice! SO NOT TRUE - THE BUBBLE BANGS were created from my handy work (I think I sported the bubble bangs for about 5 years).
You sound busy Aunt Marva! What an amazing person you are! You have such a big heart!!!!
Missing you!
Post a Comment