Precious Jenna






Dear, sweet Jenna passed away late Friday night, at home, in her mother's arms. She touched so many lives and will be missed by all who knew her. She is now running and dancing on the streets of gold, like she was never able to do on this earth.

I hope it's okay with Jenna's parents that I copied what they wrote about Jenna on their Carepage. That way you will know a little about how special she really was. It said: My name is Jenna and I am God's special gift to my family. I am 16 years old, I have Hydracephalus, dysphasia, osteoporosis, scoliosis, a seizure disorder and a chiari malformation. When I was born the doctor's did not have a very good outlook for my life and did not give my parent's much hope for my survival, they didn't take into account what a great God we have and what great things he can do. They said I wouldn't be able to do anything at all and if I was lucky I would maybe survive until I was two, but they thought it would be much sooner. Through God's grace I just celebrated my 16th birthday and I can do many things, I know who my family is and many of my friends, I can scoot around on the floor, I can play and sing and my favorite thing to do is watch videos with lots of music and play my keyboard, my speech is very limited but I can mostly let my family know what I want and best of all I am able to spread joy to many with just my smile. I have been through much in my life, our journey has not been easy, but we have all been so blessed by it. It seems no matter what life throws at me I can endure it and come through it all with a smile for those around me. I have two brothers, Nick who is 18 and Travis who is 12 and I love them so much and I think they love me even more, nothing makes my day brighter than seeing my brothers, I think they are God's gift to me. I have had an especially difficult year this year but through it all we have seen such amazing answers to prayer that we otherwise would not have been able to see, so we thank our God for carrying us through it all and for all the support, love and prayers that we receive from so many. My mom takes care of my carepage for me and would appreciate anyone willing to pray for me. Always in God's hands - Jenna

Please keep Jenna's parents, Ken and Ann, and her brothers, Nick and Travis, in your prayers. They know they can't get through these next days without God's help.

1 comment:

joan b. said...

What a special gift Jenna was. I've followed the Care Pages and I've heard many stories about the loving and tender attention she received from her brothers and parents. We're praying for her family. Thanks for the post.